Our Story | Our Coffee | Our Tea | Recipes & Pairings | Sustainability | Auto Delivery
Warm Feta with Sautéed Greens
Serve these peppery greens and feta as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to roast lamb or chicken. It's surprising how much the cheese mellows
in flavor when it's warmed.
Prep Time: 30 minutes Serving Size: 4
Costa Rica Peaberry
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cooking greens, such as kale, Swiss chard or beet greens, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Assorted olives and crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Cut the feta into large triangles and arrange them in a single layer in a baking dish. In a small bowl, combine 2
tablespoons of the olive oil with the oregano, crushed red pepper, lemon zest and half of the garlic slices. Spread the marinade all over the feta cheese and
let stand for at least 5 minutes or up to an hour.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering. Add the remaining garlic and cook over moderate
heat, stirring, until pale golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the greens, a handful at a time, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Pour off any
liquid, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Bake the feta for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon the greens onto 4 plates and add the feta, olives and bread. Drizzle any
feta juices over the bread and serve immediately.