Our Coffee | Recipes & Pairings | Sustainability | Auto Delivery
Chocolate Nut Biscotti
Day or night, these scrumptious cookies will be the delight of any get-together.
Prep Time: 40 minutes Serving Size: 3 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cups (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate with Honey and Almond Nougat, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. On lightly floured surface, shape dough into 2 (14-inch) logs. Place 2 inches apart on greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet. Place on cutting board; cool 5 minutes. Using serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Place upright on cookie sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake 10 minutes or until slightly dry. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container.
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti
- Melt 1 package (8 squares) semi-sweet chocolate. Dip each biscotti halfway into melted chocolate; let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
White Chocolate Dipped Biscotti
- Prepare Biscotti as directed, decreasing sugar to 1/2 cup. Substitute 6 ounces White Confection with Honey and Almond Nougat for the Bittersweet Chocolate. Use 1 cup toasted chopped almonds and add 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger.