Our Coffee | Recipes & Pairings | Sustainability | Auto Delivery
Special Occasion Coffee Cake
This eat-every-crumb coffee cake from Gevalia customer Sharon Boniek is perfect for special occasions. Actually, it's so delicious we bet you'll enjoy it anytime. Try pairing it with a smooth cup of Gevalia Vanilla.
Prep Time: 1 hours 5 minServing Size: 15
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. 2% milk
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- SIFT together 3 cups flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat ½ cup butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each until well blended. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Pour into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- MIX brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. flour and cinnamon in medium bowl until well blended. Add 2 Tbsp. butter; mix well. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over cake batter; swirl into batter with knife.
- BAKE 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- MIX powdered sugar and 2% milk until well blended; drizzle over cake.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of brewed GEVALIA KAFFE Vanilla.
- Substitute cooled brewed strong GEVALIA KAFFE Vanilla for the 2% milk.