Our Story | Our Coffee | Our Tea | Recipes & Pairings | Sustainability | Auto Delivery
Summertime Coconut Cake
This scrumptious coconut cake from Gevalia customer Rose Cullingford is fluffy and utterly indulgent. For a surprising twist, try substituting the water used to prepare the cake batter with cooled, brewed, strong Gevalia Crème Brulee - pure heaven!
Prep Time: 1 hours 5 minServing Size: 12
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2 pkg. (14 oz. each) flaked coconut
- 1 carton (16 oz.) sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers. Cool in pans 10 min. Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely. Cut each horizontally in half to make 4 layers.
- COMBINE coconut, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; reserve 3/4 cup. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading remaining coconut mixture between layers.
- MIX COOL WHIP and reserved coconut mixture; spread on top and side of cake. Refrigerate 3 hours.